Acus conceives, designs and manufactures its entire line of products exclusively in Italy at Recanati, drawing upon the highest level of expertise available from a centre of history and tradition in the development and manufacture of musical instruments in Europe. Acus was founded and is managed with enthusiasm and innovation by the Canale family, drawing on over 40 years of dedicated development and experience from this sector.
Acus’ mission is a sound design that amplifies acoustic sound with clarity, purity and natural tone.
The speakers, cabinets and all electrical components are custom made. Acus’ designers have developed bi-amplified power sections in the electronic components able to create an high bandwidth and slew-rate.
In strategic positions of the preamplifiers are located specifics class A output stages and able to offers a very warm valve-like tone typical of studio amps.
The sound cabinets are built in the Acus’ custom shop on an individual basis with sophisticated variations in design and choice of base materials within the parameters of the models. The loudspeakers are produced to Acus’ standard specification, with ultra light responsive cones. An Italian custom design with faithful attention to detail in its preamps, speakers, components and cabinets - aesthetics and functionality in perfect harmony.
Acus manufactures amplification systems specifically targeted at acoustic bands, with dedicated channels, preamps and monitors that give equalisation levels to all instruments. Quick, easy to use and reliable, with uncompromising sound quality.
All of these factors set a new standard in sound quality in the world of acoustic string instrument amplification.
Acus Sound Engineering developed the Oneforstrings range to amplify the sound level of all acoustic instruments (notably acoustic and classical guitars) without altering their natural tone or resonance. Oneforstrings amps are designed in minimalist style, with custom speakers, cabinets and highly reliable electronic components, all together capable of amplifying harmonics with natural tone. Oneforstrings can also be used as a mini PA system. It is versatile and responsive, with a full range of functions specifically tailored for acoustic instruments.
The product line, which is in continual development, consists of 4 amplifiers and an extension (for those who simply want to expand the sound reach of their own amplifiers without altering tone). Each unit differs from the other by channels and power, meeting all musicians’ requirements.
We list some planning and construction details, all conceived in Italy at the Recanati plant:
- The innovative and stylish control panel features custom styled knobs, micrometric and functional. With equalisation, the tone controls modify frequency levels without suppressing the original note, even at lower and upper registers. The whole range also features multiple channels and reverb with processors exclusive to Acus. Also provided are line outs, mic and auxiliary inputs.
- Acus’ designers, in consultation with top-flight instrumentalists, have developed bi-amplified power sections in the electronic components capable of creating a high bandwidth and slew-rate. Within the preamplifiers there are class A output stages in strategic positions, able to offer a very warm valve-like tone typical of studio amps.
- The speakers are made in Italy to Acus’ specifications. Each model has the capacity to respond to changes in dynamics.
- The compact and lightweight speaker cabinet is handmade in natural wood, with the correct size to power ratio. The natural version emphasises the minimalist design and look of Acus products. It is birch ply with a protective polyester top coat.
- The accessories - such as the protective metal grille and carry handles – are unique specifications, with real attention to design detail and functionality.
- Acus "One for Strings" FiveMore Info£389.99
- Acus "One for strings" EightMore Info£699.99
- Acus "One for Street"More Info£625.00