Alpine EZI DAB
The Alpine EZi-DAB contains a small but stylish controller with display, which can be installed onto your vehicle dash, a hide-away box and a discreet antenna.
EZi-DAB works with DAB / DAB+ and DMBR standards. The EZi-DAB kit contains a Controller unit, an Interface box, Cable sets and mounting cradle.
- In-car digital radio and audio adapter
- Dual digital radio tuners supporting DAB/DAB+/DMBR
- Band III and L-Band support
- Detachable controller with white high contrast OELD display
- 5 illumination colours for controller buttons (blue/green/red/amber/white)
- Auto-Dimmer function
- Connection for iPod/iPhone/iPad (Standard Apple cable required) and USB with full music control and charging
- Pause and rewind live digital radio
- AUX input, Line output, USB upgradeable, 30 presets
- Easy connection to the car radio (Line out, wired and unwired FM Transmitter)
- DAB antenna optional (KAE-225DA)
- Full Apple connectivity, delivering media control from EZi-DAB (the USB port works with your standard Apple cable and is Works with iPod, iPhone and iPad compliant with full music control of these devices from the EZi-DAB controller)
- Great media connectivity – playback from USB thumb drives etc.
- Dual digital radio tuners provide a constantly updating dynamic station list – EZi-DAB adds new content and removes ‘dead’ stations as you move from one area to another across the country
- Compact, dash-mounted detachable controller for reduced in-car clutter
- EZi-DAB has an OELD display with fantastic contrast making it easy-to-read from any angle and at night
- Optional active film antenna for best reception (KAE-225DA)
- Easy installation – the interface box can be discretely installed in the most suitable location for the vehicle (behind the glove box, under the front passenger seat, etc.) and is powered directly from the car-wiring loom with a neat cabling solution. Extension cables can be run to accessible places so you can have access to USB and AUX connectivity for iPods, thumb drives, etc. and for software updates
- Flexibility of installation – multiple ways of interfacing with your car radio: line out, FM transmit and FM transmit direct inject (no crackle)
- Easy software updates via USB
- Controls: Backlit buttons including rewind and fast forward transport controls, play / pause, back, home and favourites. Rotary dial with push select.
- Display: High contrast white-on-black graphical OELD display.
- Display mode examples: Full screen station name, name and scrolling text, reception information.
- Frequency ranges: Digital radio Band III 174–240 MHz, L-Band 1452–1490 MHz and FM 87.5-108 MHz
- Digital radio tuners: x 2
- Digital radio antenna in: FAKRA SMBA connector
- FM antenna in: ISO connector
- Analogue AUX IN: 3.5mm auxiliary input
- Power supply: 8 way latched Molex connection - 12V taken directly from the vehicles wiring loom
- USB: (type A) USB connection for iPod, iPad, iPhone, external hard drives and USB sticks for audio playback, also used for firmware upgrade via USB stick
iPod & iPhone support:
- 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th generation iPod Nano
- iPod Touch 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th generation
- iPhone 2G, 3G, 3Gs, 4
- iPad, iPad 2
- FM antenna out: ISO connector for pass-through of FM connection
- Analogue line out: 3.5mm headphone output
- Controller connection: 6 way latched Molex connection to micro USB